top of page
The best way to download large amounts of footage from Google Drive
Downloading lots of footage from Google Drive can be tricky if downloading it from a web browser. I have found that the best way to download large amounts lot of footage is to do it though the Google Drive Desktop App.
1. Download Google Drive for your computer and sign into the account you intend to save the shared footage to.
2. Once you have Google Drive installed on your computer, click on the link with the footage you want to download, right click on the folder and click add shortcut to Drive, then choose a location on your Google Drive that you want to save the footage too.
3. Now that the footage is in your Google Drive, open the Google Drive folder on your computer.
4. Go to the folder containing the footage that you want to download. Right click the folder and select Available Offline, this will download the footage to your computer.
5. You can see the clips being downloaded by clicking on the Google Drive icon in the toolbar.
6. Once all the clips are downloaded, you can then copy the footage to wherever you like, on your hard drive.
bottom of page